Yep. I'm a wee bit off schedule since posting my last menu plan. But, it is with good cause! We've been traveling and visiting family! We're home, (mostly) settled in, and (not even a bit) unpacked. Most of us are back on Texas time - the last straggler is going to be a challenge. She likes her naps!
Surprising to me, I actually did a really good job of following our last menu plan. We had a couple of detours, but overall we stuck to it! The hardest part for me, is sticking to my personal eating plan because I'm trying to drop a few pounds. I'm using 3Young Living oils to curb my appetite, increase my metabolism, and kick my sweet tooth (really, I have a savory tooth, but same concept) and I'm also using the 21-Day Fix by Beachbody. I am NOT drinking shakes or other meal supplements and AM using their containers for portion control and planning. So far, so good!
All that said, here's what I'm planning to cook/serve my family over the next two weeks!
I'd LOVE it if you would share some of your favorite recipes and menu items!!
- Honey wheat braided pretzels
- Raw almonds
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Fresh fruits (apples, oranges, bananas, grapes and berries mostly)
- Roasted red pepper hummus
- Steel cut oatmeal with dried applies, almonds and cinnamon
- Yogurt parfaits
- Turkey sandwiches
- Cucumber, sprout, cheese and tomato sandwiches
- Green salad with chicken strips
- Grilled chicken and veggie pita sandwiches
- Pepperoncini Beef Sandwiches
- Easter Dinner: Ham, Cheesy Potatoes, Frog Eye Salad & Rolls
- Veggie Pizza
- Skillet cordon bleu
- Grilled hamburgers & hotdogs with potato chips (and something else that is completely unhealthy I'm sure. Just keeping it real for you!)
- Ham,cheese, and asparagus quiche
- Black bean tacos
- Tex Mex Pasta Bake (thanks to a recommendation from a facebook friend!)
- Kalua pork wontons with steamed rice and asian green salad
- Bruschetta chicken pesto wraps
- Spaghetti & meatballs