This is as much of a personal journal as it is a public website. With that in mind, I know that documenting my thoughts will not only help me be accountable, but will help me be mindful of not repeating the negative pieces of my past.
Things I want to be completely different:
- I need to kick this caffeine thing. I don't drink alcohol, coffee, or tea. Why do I pump my body so full of caffeine and other energy "enhancing" ingredients.
- I want to be organized. Yes, yes I know. Those of you who know me personally are not shocked and those of you who know me professionally are (I am anally organized at work - don't be too shocked). I want the rest of my house to be as tidy, organized, and labeled as my kitchen pantry.
- I want to be more financially responsible. I have improved in this area by leaps and bounds over the last few years. However, I still have leaps and bounds to go.
- I want to make a more concentrated effort to keep in touch and build relationships with my family. I have such an unusual, yet lovely, stretched out family tree. I harbor a fair amount of guilt for not tending to and helping those relationships grow.
- I want to get to know my neighbors. I don't know a fig about them - all I know is that some have kids, some are loud, some are quiet, some of crazy lawn art, some don't, and some of them park in front of my house so that our guests can't. Sad, but true! I don't know a fig about them - the real them.
Things I want to get back to:
- I want to get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. I'm putting them into storage bins and giving myself until the end of July to get back into them. If I'm not - out they go.
- I want to get back into being fit - focused on my health, being active, working out, making wise fit decisions.
- I want - no NEED - to get back into eating healthy foods for myself. Garbage In = Garbage In. There is nothing good that comes from eating crap.
- I need to make healthier food choices for my family too. Children learn by example - and I have not been setting a great one. I want to make a better, more direct planned effort, in our family meals rather than relying on local restaurants or quick fix meals. By focusing my efforts towards planned healthy meals, we'll eat less of the garbage that is quickly available in most pantry's.
- I want to get back into being creative - finding little pockets of time in my day to be creative. Since "retiring" from the paper crafting industry as a designer, I've put aside most of my creative endeavors and miss it more than I imagined.
Things I want to be just as they are:
- I want my husband to always know what an amazing man I think he is.
- I want our family (mine and Steve's) to always know that our home is and will always be open.
- I want my wonderful, beautiful, delightful son to always know how much I love him.
- I want my family to know how much I love and appreciate them and the efforts they go to on my (and my family's) behalf.
- I want to be continually inspired by life, friends, love, and the oodles of blogs on my google reader.
Since this post is just for me, I'm turning the comments off. :)