If you clicked on this link then you’re interested in knowing more about essential oils or at least a little bit curious! I was the same way! Initially I thought that essential oils were only for tree-hugging hippies, but that is SO not the case and I’m so glad that I didn’t let that skepticism deter me from trying them because they have helped my family SO much!
My 'oily' journey really began when Steve and I were watching a documentary on antibiotic resistance and "super bugs." To be honest, I got completely freaked out at the thought of a family member getting sick with something that even the strongest of antibiotics couldn't help with. I started thinking about what I would do if we were in that situation (not that I have an over active imagination or anything), and then I started thinking back to before pharmaceutical companies were big or even existed. How did the early Americans and Europeans get healthy without modern medicine?
Steve and I are not big proponents of medications - over the counter or prescription. We don't have anything against them, but we both prefer to try and either let things run their course or find a natural way of alleviating the issue. While looking into early medicine, I was also looking into alternative, natural and safe ways to help with things like allergies, low energy, teething babies, headaches, eczema, and the other common ailments that affect our family from time to time.
Enter natural medicines - or essential oils! Of course, then began the research and choosing what oils to use, why to use them, how to use them, and what company to buy from. (Those are all separate posts in and of themselves!) After doing research for myself, I chose Young Living Essential Oils.
Good question. Here are some very important reasons:
- Young Living owns their own property (farms) to grow their own plants all over the world. That means Young Living can stand by their quality from beginning to end. They call it the “seed to seal” guarantee, which means a lot if I’m going to be putting them in my body and my kids’ bodies.
- Young Living is the oldest oil company. I know they've been in the business longer than anyone else and have had the opportunity to learn from mistakes or change what isn't working. I believe in my heart that this is true.
- Over 50 hospitals exclusively use the Young Living brand, including the prestigious Cleveland Clinic.
- The Young Living starter kit was less expensive, included the oils and diffuser that I wanted to try anyway.
- Young Living oils are 100% pure. Nothing added. Nothing taken away. They are not laced with synthetics that are harmful and dangerous and they are not lab replicated. They're not cut with a carrier oil (unless you purchase a roll-on which has a carrier specifically so that you don't have to carry it with you).
- Young Living is the only essential oil company in the world, that owns their own farms to grow their crop. Every other company buys their product at some point. Young Living tests and maintains pure, therapeutic grade from the time the seed is put into the ground until it's sealed into the bottle.
- Young Living oils are safe to apply, diffuse AND ingest... because they are 100% organic.
- Young Living oils are from first distillations. Many other companies blend oils from multiple distillations to come up with their final product.
The last reason is simply:
BECAUSE THEY WORK!!
- Headaches (including migraines)
- Body Aches & Pains
- Digestive issues
- Sleep issues (yes, including snoring!)
- Scrapes and bruises
- Sore Throats
Essential oils can totally makeover your medicine cabinet. Just take a look at this:
Wouldn't it be great to know that you have a safe, natural alternative to over-the-counter medication to treat your family? That’s why I totally recommend the Premium Starter Kit from Young Living! It has such a versatile selection of oils. It’s the perfect purchase for first-time essential oil users! There are so many different uses for these 11 oils that I know you will NOT be disappointed. You'll be hooked AND get this... it’s the same price as the Every Day Oils Kit BUT you get a FREE diffuser! How awesome is that? The diffuser alone is a $98 value!
In the kit you get ELEVEN oils (5ml each):
- Peace and Calming
- Stress Away
- 2 samples of the top five oils (good for sharing with friends or great for traveling) you get lemon, peppermint, lavender, thieves, and peace and calming.
- FREE DIFFUSER (did I mention the FREE diffuser? Ha! I just love both of mine! I need more!)
Here’s what you can do:
There are two ways that you can purchase Young Living oils. You can purchase at full RETAIL prices or at discounted WHOLESALE prices.
If you purchase the oils at full retail prices then you’re saying that you’re probably going to just purchase a few oils and not purchase any in the future. If that’s the case then that might be the best option for you. And, that is OKAY!
But, I definitely recommend purchasing the oils at discounted WHOLESALE prices. It just makes sense. I totally think that once you purchase some oils you are going to LOVE them and it definitely won’t be your last order at by purchasing them wholesale you will continue to receive 24% off of the retail price every time you purchase your oils! You’re also eligible for Essential Rewards, which allows you to earn free product. Yippeee!
Where it says to sign up for Essential Rewards – just say “no thanks” right now – you can always do that later if you’d like! I’m happy to tell you why ER is so amazing, too after you get your kit and see that you love the oils!
Most people think that when you “sign up,” “enroll” or “become a member” of something that they are signing away their life, giving away their first-born child or committing to a life-long company. That’s just not the case with Young Living. There is no contract, no pressure and definitely no commitment to do anything if/when you sign up to be a wholesale member.
When you sign up to be a wholesale member that just means:
You get to purchase your products at wholesale prices, 24% off retail, in addition to having the option of earning free product. Think of yourself as having a wholesale membership, just like to Costco or Sam’s Club, but for awesome, amazing oils!
So to recap:
You don’t have to tell anyone about Young Living. You don’t have to sell their products. You don’t have to carry an inventory. You don’t have to make this a business. But you DO get a discount. No contract. No commitments. Just use the oils and when (not if, but WHEN) you see just how awesome the oils are and you share your results with friends and family – you’ll be able to provide them with the oils as well. It’s an option you have, but not a commitment.
So see – totally no pressure. That’s what I love about it. The oils sell themselves because they work wonders and so many people are looking for ways to improve their health and the health of their family by using safe & natural products instead of chemical-laced over-the-counter medicine and prescription antibiotics.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to shoot me an email! I’m happy to answer any questions you may have!