I was wrong.
Time is flying right on by. I'm trying to savor the sweet moments and forget the not so sweet ones. I know this time won't last long. And, quite honestly, staying home with my kids is WAY harder than going to work every day. Even working 75+ hour weeks. I know it is (and will be even moreso) rewarding, but man is it HARD.
Enough with the emotional rambling, the very least I can do is share our recent menu plan wins. It's always nice to find a recipe that someone else liked and would recommend. Here's what we've been eating:
- Baked Chicken Nuggets, Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing and mashed potatoes
- Braised Beef Brisket, Hashbrown Casserole, Baked Beans, and Rolls
- Cuban Beans & Rice (ala American's Test Kichen Pressure Cooking cookbook)
- Asian Beef & Rice (also ala America's Test Kitchen Pressure Cooking Cookbook)
- Grilled Chicken and pasta
- and lots of grilled cheese sandwiches and quesadillas!