I mean, when have I ever been one to keep things going the way that I originally plan to?
(Ask my mom... she'll agree. Consistancy and I are not friends.)
Anyway, I'm going back to calling my menu plan posts "What's Cookin'"
I just like it better that way.
Also, instead of assigning meals to days, I'm going to just make a list of meals. (There's less pressure for me to make sure I make it on the day I designate. I'm all about less pressure!!)
With all that being said, here's what I'm planning to serve this week. (My goal is to plan our menu around what we get in our weekly produce basket I order from Bountiful Baskets and from the food stockpiled in the pantry and freezer. I supplement the produce we need from a local farmers market and the rest from local grocery stores.)
- Pan Seared Tilapia, Grilled Cabbage and Roasted Corn.
- Grilled Tandoori Chicken Skewers with Yogurt Sauce and Jasmine Rice
- Chicken Lime Tacos, Mexican Rice, Black Beans & Mango Salsa
- Tex Mex Stuffed Poblano Peppers and Mexican Gray Squash
- Layered Caribbean Chicken Salad
- Beef Lettuce Wraps & Veggie Spring Rolls (both totally from the freezer section of a local grocery store... the lettuce is fresh though!)
- Quesadilla's (Veggie, Chicken, or Black Bean)
- Cabbage and Egg Noodles
- Green Salad with Tomatillo Ranch Salad Dressing and Grilled Chicken
- Mango, Orange, Plum and/or Peach Smoothies
- Yogurt with Tropical Granola
- Fruit Loops (Keepin' it real around here folks!)
- Plums, Apples, Peaches, Carrot Sticks, or any other fruit not needed for a recipe
- Celery with Peanut Butter
- Spring Lime Tea Cookies (they'll be frozen for later enjoyment)
- Apple Strudel (I have a LOT of apples that I need to use up!
Preserving/Dehydrating: Celery, green onions, apples, and a few peaches (I'm really making a conscious effort to not have anything go to waste. That being said, there are times where we've just not made it through everything we've received in our Bountiful Baskets Food co-op basket. So, if I've had it in the fridge for 2 weeks, off to my preserving plan it goes! :) )
That's all I've got... what'cha think about that??