Lately, my family has been ordering a produce basket from Bountiful Baskets and it has been amazing.
I've been telling EVERYONE who'll listen about them, and everyone around me is so tired of listening (or they're thanking me and ordering baskets for their family).
No kickbacks or discounts for me... they're a co-op, not a business.
And I love that about them.
Anywho, my goal is to plan our menu around what we recieve in our basket.
So far, so good!
Here's what we got in our basket on Saturday:
|Not my image! Click on it to go to it's source (But we did receive the same produce in our basket!)|
Not my image! It's from the blog "4PeastsSake" Click on it to go to it's source (But we did receive the same produce in our basket!)
We had spinach, romaine lettuce, bananas, pears, peaches, apples, watermelon, cantaloupe, sweet peppers, artichokes, yellow peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
All for $15!
I'm also a huge fan of their add-ons. This week, we also added the sourdough bread (5 loaves for $10), tropical granola, 24lbs of apricots ($20), and two super delicious cakes.
In the past we've purchased their honey wheat bread and the 9-grain wheat bread. Both were 5 loaves for $10. We freeze 4 of the loaves and just pull them out when we need them. It is the best bread (aside from homemade) we've ever had and you can't beat the price. It's not a smushy bread and it's not hard. It is firm and tender... and is brilliant toasted!
I digress... back to our menu plan for the week...
Here's what I'm planning to make:
- Monday: Stuffed artichokes and green salad with sweet peppers, feta cheese, tomatoes and pears.
- Tuesday: Grilled pork chops with apricot chutney served with brown rice
- Wednesday: Leftovers
- Thursday: Potato, onion & yellow pepper frittata with piave cheese
- Friday: Chicken & shrimp jambalaya
- Saturday: Leftovers
- Sunday: Spaghetti Casserole
- Dessert: Apricot Ice Cream
- Snack Options: Watermelon, cantelope, and mango apricot salsa with baked tortilla crisps (baked in our oven)
- Lunch Options: Yogurt, Apples & Cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches, homemade tomato soup (with evaporated milk instead of the cream)
- Breakfast Optionss: Eggs, yogurt, granola, toast