This recipe is from a can of Hatch Green Chilie Enchilada Sauce. The can is yellow, and I found it in the Mexican food section of my local Wal-Mart. It's super easy, and really lowfat/healthy depending on what you use to garnish it with.
· 1 1/2 lbs shredded cooked chicken (I have used canned, frozen fajita, and leftover diced frozen chicken.
· 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
· 1 (14 ounce) can hatch green enchilada sauce
· 2 (4 ounce) cans hatch diced green chilies (I’ve also used the regular green diced chilies)
· 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (we like using two cans)
· 1 medium onion, chopped (I’ve used dried onions, and frozen diced onions)
· 2 tablespoons minced garlic
· 2 cups water
· 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
· 2 teaspoons cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper (I only use 1/2 tsp of salt)
· 15 ounces corn, drained
· Optional Garnish: chopped cilantro, cubed avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips
Combine all ingredients to the corn in the large crock pot. Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low.
The others items on list are for garnish.