My version is not much like the DLM version, but is rich and has the caramel layer that the DLM ones have too. It is very very easy, and I get compliments on it every single time i make them. So... here you go! Enjoy!
- 2 boxes of Ghiradelli brownie mixes (We get the Triple Chocolate mixes in bulk from Costco), and the ingredients to make them according to the package.
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 bag of Kraft Caramel Bits (they're over by the chocolate chips in the baking aisle)
- 1 container of chocolate frosting (optional)
- 1 bag of Heath Bar candy pieces (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease/spray a 9"x13" baking pan.
Mix up one box of brownie's according to the package and spread it into the baking pan. Sprinkle the bag of caramel bits on top of the brownie batter. If you want to add walnuts, sprinkle them on top of the caramel bits. Mix up the second box of brownies according to the package directions and carefully pour/spread it on top of the caramel bits and brownie mix.
Bake the brownies for 50-55 minutes.
Once they have cooled. Spread the frosting onto the brownies, and then sprinkle the Heath bar (toffee bits) onto the brownies.
DLM lightly sprinkles powdered sugar on top of the brownie and does not do the frosting layer.